AWS Cloud engineers manage the cloud infrastructure. They perform tasks including monitoring, maintenance of cloud environment to prevent system outages, ensure high availability, reporting, capacity and performance management, and day to day management of the environment under minimal supervision. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Key Accountability Areas
- Ensure AWS environment meets business requirements for reliability and is running efficiently
- Advanced knowledge on Operating systems and virtualization (Windows Server 2016/2019, Linux 6/7, VMWare 6/7)
- Develop, implement, and automate monitoring, alerting and reporting capabilities on environment management, capacity, performance, scalability
- Identify mission critical production issues and troubleshooting
- Ability to implement disaster recovery and high availability, Establish a disaster recovery protocol.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures and publish best practices
- Plan and perform regular maintenance
- Plan and assess cost optimization for AWS services
- Advance scripting skill and ETL
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Working hours are 40 hours a week, Rotating schedule typically include regular unsocial hours. Overnight and weekend work.
- Communication, Teamwork, negotiation skills, problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Work closely with IT project managers and Infrastructure teams
- Provide 24/7 support as needed.
- Follow established policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree related to computer studies.
- Certificate is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintaining Cloud solution systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing Windows Server, Linux Systems or Virtualization Solutions in a business critical, enterprise environment
- With experience on working with global enterprise environment
- With experience in deploying at least two of the following infrastructure architectures: Windows Server 2016/2019, Linux 6/7, VMWare 6/7
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced Performance optimization skillset
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Good troubleshooting skills. Logical thinker and good analytical skills.
- Understanding of computer software, infrastructure and operating systems
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Excellent written/spoken English language
- Able to work off own initiative. Ability to multitask and excellent time management skills.
- Able to own an issue and see it through to resolution
- Possess problem solving skill, conflict resolution, decision making and planning skills