Why you need to make your app feel performant?
There are a number of reasons why you need to make your app feel performant. First and foremost, users expect a certain level of performance from their apps, and if your app doesn’t meet those expectations, they’re likely to delete it and find one that does. Secondly, a performant app is simply a better user experience – it’s smoother, faster, and more responsive, which makes for a more enjoyable and satisfying experience. Finally, good performance is also important for business reasons – it can help you acquire and retain users, and it can also lead to better reviews and ratings.
So, in short, making your app feel performant is important for a variety of reasons. It’s important for meeting user expectations, providing a good user experience, and also for achieving success in the business world.
Here are some tricks to make your iOS app feel more responsive and performant:
Reduce Network Load Time
- Network load time is one of the key factors that affect the performance of an app. If the network load time is too high, it can lead to poor app performance. Therefore, it is important to reduce the network load time of the app for better performance.
- There are a few ways to reduce the network load time of the app. One way is to use a content delivery network (CDN). CDNs can help to reduce the network load time by caching the app content on servers that are closer to the user. Another way to reduce the network load time is to optimize the app code and make sure that it is as efficient as possible.
- By reducing the network load time of the app, you can improve the overall performance of the app and provide a better experience for users.
Manage UI Overlays
- UI overlays can negatively impact app performance, so it’s important to manage them carefully. One way to do this is to use a tool like Overlay Monitor, which can help you identify and track overlays in your app.
- Another approach is to use a tool like Android Debug Monitor to track the performance of your app and identify areas where overlays are impacting performance. Once you’ve identified areas where overlays are causing problems, you can take steps to mitigate the impact, such as disabling or removing unnecessary overlays, optimizing the layout of your app, or using a different rendering technique.
Optimize Memory Usage
- When it comes to optimizing memory usage for better performance in iOS, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- First, make sure to use as few images as possible in your app. Images are typically one of the biggest memory hogs.
- Second, try to avoid using large amounts of data in memory. This can include things like videos and other media files.
- Finally, make sure to release any unused memory as soon as possible. This will help keep your app’s memory usage low and improve performance.
Reduce Drawing Code
- As the number of layers and elements in an app’s design increase, the more complex the app becomes and the greater the potential for performance issues. One way to help reduce the amount of drawing code and improve performance is to use a layer mask.
- A layer mask allows you to specify which portions of a layer should be visible and which should be hidden. This can be useful when you have a complex design with many elements and you want to selectively show or hide certain elements. By using a layer mask, you can avoid having to draw all of the elements all the time, which can help improve performance.
Reduce Keyframe Notifications
- It is a known fact that the more keyframes an app has, the poorer its performance will be on iOS. This is because each keyframe requires additional processing power from the device in order to render it. As a result, apps with a large number of keyframes can often cause the device to lag or even crash.
- One way to help improve the performance of an app on iOS is to reduce the number of keyframes it uses. This can be done by simplifying the animations or by using a lower frame rate. Doing so will help to reduce the load on the device and improve the app’s overall performance.
There are a few ways to reduce the number of overlays in your app. One way is to use a single overlay for the entire app. This will reduce the number of drawing operations and improve performance. Another way is to use a smaller number of overlays, or to use smaller overlay images. This will also reduce the number of drawing operations and improve performance.
Reduce the number of sprites
It is always a good idea to reduce the number of sprites in your app for better performance in iOS. This is because each sprite takes up memory and processing power, and too many sprites can slow down your app. Reducing the number of sprites can help improve performance and make your app more responsive.
A few How’s for your app are mentioned below:
How to reduce app launch time?
There are a few things you can do to reduce your app’s launch time and improve its performance. First, make sure you’re using the latest version of Xcode and that your app is optimized for your target audience. Second, use lazy loading to load only the necessary data and resources when your app starts up. Finally, consider using a tool like iOS App Performance Optimizer to help you identify and fix potential performance bottlenecks.
How to reduce Time spent in UIViewController loading and code execution?
There are a few ways to reduce the time spent in UIViewController loading and code execution of the app for better performance in iOS. One way is to use lazy loading techniques. This means that instead of loading all the data and components at once, you can load them only when they are needed. Another way is to use caching techniques. This means that you can store data and components that are frequently used in memory so that they can be accessed quickly. Finally, you can optimize your code so that it runs more efficiently.
How to reduce Time spent inside UIViewController drawing?
If your app’s UIViewController drawing is taking too long and affecting performance, there are a few things you can do to reduce the time spent drawing. First, make sure you’re only drawing the views that are visible on the screen. If you’re drawing views that are off-screen, they won’t be seen by the user and can be skipped. Second, try to batch your drawing operations into as few calls as possible. Drawing each view individually can take a lot of time, so batching them together can be much faster. Finally, make sure you’re using the appropriate drawing API for your needs. If you’re drawing complex views, using the OpenGL API can be much faster than using the standard UIKit API.
Conclusion: If you take the time to optimize your iOS app and make it perform faster for your users, you’ll be amazed with how much stickiness you can achieve. If you are a business owner, and you want an app made and require mobile application development in India, you can always get in touch with Megamax Services. They are the best when it comes to application development and maintenance in India, and are the best in business.